Casino customers often lose. Even advantage gamblers, including beginners and inexperienced users, are not immune to losses. Unfortunately for players and fortunately for casino owners, gambling fans lose money every day, every hour, and even every minute.
The whole industry is based on this. If visitors always won, this industry would die out before it could develop.
Why do casinos beat customers? At the expense of what they manage to prevail even over skilled experts? Several articles on Casinoz have already explained the origins of the casino advantage over the player, so it does not make sense to repeat it in this piece.
Another question arises:
How can a casino keep a player who often loses.
Let's agree, if you lose big in a club, there is a great temptation to go to another casino to win back. This is significantly often done by superstitious people or customers who doubt the fairness of casinos where they lost.
What do gambling operators do to persuade unlucky players to come back? They offer them a variety of bonuses and promotions. Perhaps the most effective in this case is cashback.
What is Casino Cashback?
Let's start with the definition of the term:
Cashback is returning a customer some part of the money lost in a casino.
The size of cashback is calculated by the total amount that the player lost. The second parameter is a percentage specified in advance by the promotion rules. The rate depends on the customer's status and, sometimes, other parameters.
For example, the weekly cashback is 15%. A gambler has deposited one thousand dollars; by the end of the week, he has nine hundred dollars left in his balance. He is entitled to a sum of (1000 – 900)*15% = $15.
The basic principle of cashback was not invented in gambling. It has been used in the banking industry for many decades. Some well-known banks have made favorable cashback conditions their zest attracting numerous customers.
But cashback in the casino differs from this option in the financial sphere.
- In banks, people are rewarded for using plastic cards and other operations. They do not lose money but spend it in exchange for goods and services. Cashback becomes a pleasant addition for them and an incentive to continue cooperation with the company.
- At the casino, unlucky players lose their bankrolls. Yes, they have fun and gain impressions, but these emotions are unlikely to be positive. For them, cashback is a consolation and an opportunity to gamble further.
In other words, cashback is a tool for earning money in a bank, and in a casino, it is a way to hedge partially against the complete bankroll loss.
In the gambling business, cashback appeared before the advent of Internet gambling. Many real casinos have returned some of the lost money to customers. This practice has survived, although it is not a standard. Most brick-and-mortar casinos offer cashback only to VIPs, and this promotion is usually offered to all players online.
Types of Online Casino Cashback
What is casino cashback? No uniform rules exist, and each club can introduce its terms and conditions.
Most operators charge cashback for a net loss (Net Losses Cashback). Much less common are promotions, according to which other criteria calculate the return: the number of deposits, total revenue, or some other parameters.
Let's highlight the main characteristics of cashback, according to which it can be classified:
- Customer type – Is it a promotion for new or regular customers, for all players or VIPs?
- Frequency – Is it available daily, weekly, monthly, or on another schedule?
- Size – What is the cashback percentage? It can start at 1% and reach enormous figures.
- Amount – Is there a maximum limit? Often you can not get more than the prescribed amount.
- Games – Do all games are open to earn cashback? Sometimes it works only on specific slots or is inaccessible in particular games.
- Units – Is cashback paid in real money or bonus credits? In the latter case, it must be cleared.
- Wagering requirements – How often must customers play it through if the cashback is provided as a bonus?
- Compatibility with other promotions – Can I participate in multiple events simultaneously?
Often, online casinos introduce individual cashback conditions for some players.
Casino Cashback Rules
Now let's look at some essential features of online casino cashback.
How Big Can Cashback Be?
Casinoz did not conduct a study to determine the average cashback performance at online casinos. However, judging by our gambling experts and real players, the return is usually 5% to 20%. Sometimes it goes up to 25% or even 30%.
A cashback of less than 5% is rare because such an offer is unlikely to entice customers. However, new customers usually get a minimum cashback, not exceeding a couple of percents.
If the online casino has a loyalty program with several levels, the cashback increases when the player's status rises. The difference between the starting point and the maximum size can be enormous.
Do Players Get Cashback in Real Money?
The main formats are the following two:
- Cashback is provided with real money. In this case, the client can use them for further gambling or immediately order the payment.
- The refund comes in the form of bonus credits. They can also be withdrawn, but you must first meet the wagering requirements.
If we discuss the latter option, it is necessary to study the terms and conditions. Usually, they are not very tough. It is enough to play through the cashback several times.
However, you should determine which games you can play while clearing the cashback. Sometimes this cannot be done in blackjack, video poker, roulette, and other high RTP games. Other restrictions may apply.
In What Games Is Cashback Available?
It does not matter which games the client lost money in. If the casino offers a cashback, it is available to fans of all games.
But sometimes, there are promotions where cashback is valid only on specific slots. Usually, in this way, the club attracts customers to particular titles.
Is There a Maximum Cashback Limit?
Not always. Many large online casinos determine the return percentage and do not limit the amount. The operator is interested that clients lose as much as possible and is ready to encourage it in any way.
However, sometimes maximum limits are set, which is especially important for high rollers. If you will play at significant rates, immediately specify this point.
VIP Cashback at Online Casinos
The best online casinos provide VIP clients with cashback on particular conditions. This is expressed as follows:
- First of all, the percentage increases.
- There are usually no maximum limits.
- The refund is provided with real money or bonuses with a minimum wager.
- Cashback can be accrued frequently or on a flexible schedule.
In addition, it can be supplemented by other services and promotions.
Cashback for Advantage Players
First, let's define who they are:
An advantage player is a gambler who professionally plays using all available means to beat the casino in the long run.
These professionals employ various methods:
- play games with the highest RTPs,
- gamble by optimal strategies,
- use card counting and other technics,
- claim bonuses,
- take part in promotions, etc.
In the long run, a professional gambler usually remains in the black, so he does not rely on cashback. But he may be a loser within a day, a week, or even a month. Accordingly, he has the right to expect a refund. This helps him gain an edge over the house.
By understanding this, operators can impose restrictions on advantage players. It can be mentioned in the terms and conditions, but more often, it all boils down to the following phrase:
The casino reserves the right to refuse a player in cashback at its sole discretion.
However, in the history of gambling, there have been many cases when cunning clients received vast amounts of cashback, taking advantage of imperfections in promotion rules.
Other Promotions for Online Casino Regulars
Cashback is not the only offer gambling operators make to loyal and valuable players. They try to retain customers with the help of various promos:
- The loyalty program is a system of various rewards of different types. It usually consists of statuses. The higher the level, the more privileges the client is entitled to. As part of the loyalty program, players receive comp points for real money wagers. Accumulated points can be exchanged for money. When moving to a higher status, the client usually gets bonuses, free spins, etc.
- Personal no-deposit bonuses – Free casino bonuses are awarded not only for registration. Often, the club pleases players with such offers on an individual basis.
- Reload bonuses – Regular deposit bonuses are available in most online casinos.
- Free tournaments – Customers play for money in the usual mode and automatically participate in slot tournaments. If you manage to enter the number of winners, they receive real money, bonuses, comp points, free spins, or valuable gifts.
- Prize draws – These promotions can be arranged on different terms.
- Races – It is a unique format of high-speed events. The winners are usually the customers who have gained the maximum points during the game.
- Gifts – Gambling websites often give birthday gifts, but other options are possible too.
Of course, the maximum number of privileges is available to VIP players. In the best casinos, they get increased cashback, regular large bonuses, invitations to closed events, high withdrawal limits, and much more.
How to Choose Online Casinos with Cashback
We recommend you pay attention to the gambling clubs from the Casinoz Top 10. Most of them offer customers cashback on favorable terms and many other bonuses.
In the reviews of online casinos on our website, cashback is considered in the sections about promotions and VIP programs.
We also advise you to follow the Casinoz forum where representatives of many online casinos tell about their promotions.
The complete information about the cashback should be specified on the casino's official website. The rules can be changed, so you should check the data directly in the casino.
Do you have any other questions about cashback? Ask them in the comments.
How should you treat cashback in the casino? Should you count on it? How efficient is this promotion for customers? Or does it play into the casino owner's hands only?
When you study the offers of a new online casino, you do not want to think about losing. Your head has spinning thoughts about large payouts, generous bonuses, free spins, comp points, and other tempting prospects.
But the reality is harsh. It is ruthless to people who do not remove rose-colored glasses. Remember:
All regular customers of the casino periodically lose.
Therefore, if the casino has a cashback system with favorable conditions, consider it a significant advantage. Let fortune be kind to you and will not allow you to take advantage of this action. But if this capricious lady gets angry at you, cashback can help you survive and wait through the run of bad luck.
Share your opinions about online casino cashback in the comments. Write reviews, inform about the best sites with hefty cashback and tell about your experience.