Free spins are available in most modern video slots. This popular bonus feature became widespread even before online casinos. Now, it is in great demand among slot fans worldwide.
What Are Free Spins in Online Slots?
So, what are we talking about?
Free spins are gaming rounds on slots played for casino's money, but the customer gets all payouts.
Thus, players do not risk their money—the house bets for them. The stake and the number of active lines are the same as in the previous round when the free spins were triggered.
How Are Free Spins Started?
The standard rule is like this:
Free spins begin after three or more scatter symbols appear anywhere on the screen. In some games, other symbols trigger free spins.
But this is not always the case. For example, in the slot Robin Hood: Shifting Riches, free spins begin when the chest under the reel accumulates four sacks hidden there by the protagonist.
There are also other options starting free spins, but describing them all in one article is impossible.
Slot Free Spin Bonus Features
The opportunity to play for real money without making bets sometimes is not the only advantage of free spins. In many video slots, such rounds also have extra features offering users even more benefits. We want to tell you about the most interesting of them.
Below, you can read about the most exciting, in our opinion, slot machines by the world's leading software providers. We have divided them into categories by bonus types.
Wild's Unique Features
Quite often, during the free spins, wild symbols have advanced features. Let's review a few of them.
- Untamed Wolf Pack by Microgaming - Running wilds appear in free spins. They go in stacks, increasing by one spot with every spin.
- Untamed Giant Panda by Microgaming - All wild symbols remain on the screen until the end of the round.
- Lucky Lager by Microgaming - One reel is filled with wilds, but the standard wild symbol also appears on two reels.
- Slots Angels by BetSoft also has one reel full of wilds.
- Rango by iSoftBet - During the free spins, one wild in combination doubles the bet, two wilds increase it four times, and three wilds activate the x8 multiplier.
- Fire Flies by Cryptologic - Expanding wilds may appear on the last three reels.
- Jack Hammer 2 by Net Entertainment - Wild symbol can appear instead of other pictures.
Of course, these are just some of the numerous options.
Multipliers in Free Spins
Increased payouts in the free spins are perhaps the most well-known option. For example, in many video slots by Novomatic, all payouts are tripled.
In some games (such as Ferris Bueller's Day Off or Miles Bellhouse and His Curious Machine), free spins are preceded by a preliminary round determined by the number and size of factor payments.
Sometimes a player can choose the number of free spins and additional features. Such an opportunity is provided in the Victorian Villain by Net Entertainment.
In slot Zombies (Net Entertainment), the multiplier is increased with each free spin (x1 to x10).
Unique Features in Free Spins
Original versions of classical free spins always attract the attention of fans of slot machines. Now we will tell you about a few slots with unusual features.
- Evolution by Net Entertainment - When combinations are formed, the symbols "evolve" and become more valuable icons, allowing you to receive additional payout calculated by higher multipliers.
- Cops and Bandits by Playtech - Locked wilds are activated in free spins when a police officer next to the bandit turns into a wild.
- Benchwarmer Football Girls by Playtech - During free spins, all first reels make a picture of a girl, and the remaining reels show only her image, ratings of playing cards, and special symbols.
You can try them playing free slots on Casinoz.
Of course, we have not described all free spins features offered in modern slot machines. Telling about them all in one article is impossible. Nevertheless, we will be happy to complete this material with options that make a lasting impression on you. So please share your reviews with other Casinoz readers and us.